Every Child is Gifted, They Just Unwrap their gifts at different times. -Unknown

Saturday, June 1, 2013

2012 Classroom

The first thing. I would like to share is my classroom for this past school year.  I had tons of fun redoing it.  I decided on chevron.  My inspiration was Rainbow Days Paper Borders  from  Graphics From the Pond.  You can purchase it by clicking on the link.  When I first started teaching I decorated my classroom in baseball, my husband's favorite sport therefor we had tons of stuff.  When my son was born, we put most of it in his nursery, so I changed it to polka dots. After several years of dots, I was ready for a classroom over haul.  No one else had Chevron.

  
The first thing I did was print off several of the rainbow chevron pages.  I then did a google search for another set of chevron digital papers.  I used Adobe PS to changed the color of the papers I found. I then cut the pennants with a large paper cutter.  My great friend Katie at Decorate my Life gave me this colorful yarn.  (Yarn is much cheaper than ribbon.) I hole punched the pennants and began to place them on in a random order.  I attached the yarn up with a dot of hot glue.  I liked it so much that I then printed off my student's names and my name to hang on the board in the hall.  I used the dye cut at school (I did not get a Silhouette Cameo until Christmas) and cut out the welcome letters.  I love the zig zag border from Trend, I found at our local teacher store.

 
 
They also had this adorable paper to match my new border.

     
At Big Lots I bought two sets of twin sheets to make curtains for window, hide the ugly shelf, and storage under the tables. 

 
 They also had this cute rug that I had to have. I used wrapping paper I found at target to create my vocabulary board. 

    Using the yarn, I hung several different colors of tissue puff balls above my table groups, class library and out in the hall. My boring bar stools also go a stripped make over. 

I fell in love with this quote that my wonderful friend shared with me.  Last year when Katie (who also gave me the yarn) was on my team I had her free hand it on my enormous cabinet with neon Expos. It is a great focal point!

 
My long time friend and former team teacher, Kim painted my favorite character The Pigeon for me.  You should visit her Etsy shop Sassey With Class to order one for you or your favorite teacher. 
Thanks for letting me share my room with you.  I can't wait to decorate this fall because last year I looked everywhere.  Hobby Lobby only had black and white chevron.  Now you should see School Girls Style new collections - Colorfully Classroom Decorand Chevron Chic. 
OMG she just posted Chevron Chic two days ago!!! I need it all!!  Hope you enjoyed visiting my room.  
Happy Summer to you,
Leah 

2 comments: